Monday, April 14, 2008

Dancing

A friend of mine gave me tickets to see Billy Joel in concert tomorrow night. I'm not much of a concert go-er since the early 90's. My concert repetoire includes the likes of Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Bad English, & AC/DC, to name a few. My very first concert was Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians. It was in a Ballroom. I'm actually proud of that one. My last was Bad Company in 1993. Anyway, I'm quite excited about Billy Joel. The best part is I'm going with 2 friends who really like his music, too.

I have to post briefly because there is a dance marathon going on in my living room right now. I turned off the TV and turned the radio on. The idea was to get me motivated to accomplish some housework (you can see how well it has worked so far) and I was listening to 'peppier' music than I normally do. I heard my 5 year old calling so I headed toward the sound of his voice. I found he and his almost 2 year old brother dancing their little toes off in the living room. N asked me, "Nice master moves, huh?" as he did a breakdance type spin on his back on the floor. I want to feel like that again--to walk into a room and find music playing so, "Hey. Think I'll dance."

Yes. Awesome moves.

No comments: